Twitter/Pintrest

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Union Pacific 202 - Orange Paint 1


A number of years ago I bought a few o-scale orange Lionel 202 diesels. This one was pretty scratched up, with paint peeling. Im hoping to put some life into it.


Cleaning it up with some dish soap and warm water.


 This one does not have a windshield or a lens for the front light. I may have to find something to work for that. I noticed Hobby Lobby had some beads, and clear diamond cut sequins that might work.







The horn has a chip in the bell. Any ideas on repairing that. Anyone try to mold some JB Weld?





I got this spray primer at a hobby shop. It goes a long way, Ive used it on 3 other projects before this one. Use in a well ventilated area, this primer has a very strong smell when being sprayed. 


No turning back now. 

 

Drying, I will keep you posted.

This model of train is really a cool one.

Leave a comment. Im thinking I will give it some accents. Ive tried to find some others online but most people seem to be keeping them solid orange.





I really dig those new ones. The picture from the Lionel site looks like the bottom is white, but from YouTube videos Ive seen it is more Silver color. I could go with the 221 paint style, that just has some simple black lines on the bottom. 
I will have to see as I go on what I will paint it.


No comments:

Post a Comment