Twitter/Pintrest

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Union Pacific 202 - Orange Re-Paint 13


I know in these pictures there is very little difference, but I wanted to show the process I'm experiencing.  This silver paint goes on real thin. I've tried putting it on thick, but the paint strokes show. When I put the paint on thick it also filled in some of the detail of the plastic form. I had to sand it all off in those area and start over. This left side has 2 coats since the last picture shown. It still needs more to cover the bleed through.


Here is the right side. The paint is pretty much done. I need to look it over some more to see if I spot anything I want to add or change.



Next will be putting the "UNION PACIFIC" and "202" on the sides. Im a little nervous about messing it up. I also want to add an LED light for the headlight, but I will worry about that when I start in on the mechanics of the train.




No comments:

Post a Comment