Twitter/Pintrest

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Union Pacific 202 - Orange Paint 3


I taped it up for some black paint. It's not the Union Pacific paint colors, but I don't think the original orange was a Union Pacific orange paint color either. Hindsight I would have used some different tape, but that is what I had.





Got the black sprayed on. I have another Marx "Rock Island" train that looks really cool.

I did not want the Black to dry on the tape and peel the black off. I was not thinking that the tape would peel the orange off. Note; that the old orange paint came off the blue plastic shell. I should have used some different kind of tape.



I like the looks of it so far, minus the blue spots. Getting close to the real fun - Hand Painting.








I might try to sand some; rough up and blend in the edges. Spot primer then put the orange on over the places it came off.


No comments:

Post a Comment