Twitter/Pintrest

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Union Pacific 202 - Orange Paint 5

When deciding to blog or not to blog in the beginning, I decided it would be more of a journey. I was not going to hide my mistakes. This was not the first nor will it be the last. I pretty much knew I would have to start over when the orange paint peeled (you probably knew as well), but I had to take it a step further.




 I should have used a painters tape instead of old masking tape. The masking tape stuck, but it also let some paint bleed under the edges.


The types of paints I used should have been considered more. The orange is actually a high heat paint for engine blocks.  



Definitely not the kind of paint that is best for this type work.

So whats next? Let see if we can get all this paint off and try it again. What else would I do? When you work on things sometimes you have to redo them to get them where you want them to be. Learning is part of the fun for me. Lets get cracking!

No comments:

Post a Comment