Twitter/Pintrest

Monday, May 1, 2017

Union Pacific 202 - Orange Re-Paint 8



I scored the edge of the tape and pulled it off. Still need to do some clean up, but this is what it looks like now. I like the colors.




















After I get it cleaned up better, I will follow up with some more detail. Get the UNION PACIFIC decals on it. I need to think about how Im going to do the windows, and headlamp.

In 1957 Lionel redesigned their Alco Diesel trains. The Orange 202 was the result. It is lighter weight, and not as detailed as previous models.

"Prior to the 202, all Alcos were produced as an AA combination. The 202 Union Pacific Alco A was the first Alco released by Lionel as a single A unit. As production continued during the postwar era, the single A unit Alco locomotive became the norm as Lionel produced few Alcos as AA units." - "http://postwarlionel.com/"

Some more information on this diesel train can be found here "http://www.tandem-associates.com/"

I would not have altered mine if it was in better shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment